Eliezer Girma 11 Second Club October 2020

 My 11 Second Club Progress 


This is my progress on my entry in the 11 second club for October 2020 as a second year student at Pearson College Escape Studios. This explains the progression in making my 3D animation inspired by the audio clip given by the 11 seconds club.


Script
In the start of my progression, I first made a script which helped build up the story in detail. I named my story 'The Prison'. I gave structure to my script writing where it takes place first before getting into the script for example. I wrote the characters that I'll be using and the things that they'll be doing as well as how they feel and say. I was also descriptive on what kind of camera angels I wanted to take for each scene of my animation.



Mood boarding
After having written my script I made my storyboard for my characters and the animatics setting. I found several photo images of numerous environments similar to a prison or dungeon which I've decided is where my animation will take place. I took colours from these images to help set up the dark and mysterious theme I'm aiming at. The setting will be a creepy, secretive or a secluded prison at night, therefore I took a darkish blueish colour to simulate a moonlight and a yellow colour to simulate the ceiling lights in the future animation. I also picked images of the 3D models I'll be using, I'll use the Amy model as main character of the animation and I'll use the Robot Marine model who will act as the Robot Prisoner.    





Thumbnails
I then got into making thumbnails for my 11 second club animation to help me visualise what I'll be making for the 3D animation. I drew up the main sequences that'll happen in the animation, I also exaggerated actions and facial expressions to give me a clear guide in what's happening in the scene, what poses I should make for the models etc. I also added arrows and several lines to indicate movement from the characters and to understand the type of actions my characters will partake in.  


                                       




Storyboard
Lastly I worked on my storyboard, where I've taken what I've made in my thumbnails and put them in a clear order and drew them more in detail, as to tell the story. It aided me in storytelling and critical thinking, I could spot problems of my work easier which allowed me to make some redrafts before finalising my idea. I also used it to better see how I will properly set up the scene, like where to specifically place the camera for example.






















































 

Comments

Popular Posts